It's my pleasure to announce that I just uploaded rst2pdf 0.14 to the site at http://rst2pdf.googlecode.com.
Rst2pdf is a program and a library to convert restructured text directly into PDF using Reportlab.
It supports True Type and Type 1 font embedding, most raster and vector image formats, source code highlighting, arbitrary text frames in a page, cascading stylesheets, the full restructured text syntax and much, much more.
It also includes a sphinx extension so you can use it to generate PDFs from documents built with Sphinx.
This release fixes several bugs and adds some minor features compared to 0.13.2. Here are some of the changes:
- Fixed Issue 197: Table borders were confusing.
- Fixed Issue 297: styles from default.json leaked onto other syntax highlighting stylesheets.
- Fixed Issue 295: keyword replacement in headers/footers didn't work if ###Page### and others was inside a table.
- New feature: oddeven directive to display alternative content on odd/even pages (good for headers/footers!)
- Switched all stylesheets to more readable RSON format.
- Fixed Issue 294: Images were deformed when only height was specified.
- Fixed Issue 293: Accept left/center/right as alignments in stylesheets.
- Fixed Issue 292: separate style for line numbers in codeblocks
- Fixed Issue 291: support class directive for codeblocks
- Fixed Issue 104: total number of pages in header/footer works in all cases now.
- Fixed Issue 168: linenos and linenothreshold options in Sphinx now work correctly.
- Fixed regression in 0.12 (interaction between rst2pdf and sphinx math)
- Documented extensions in the manual
- Better styling of bullets/items (Issue 289)
- Fixed Issue 290: don't fail on broken images
- Better font finding in windows (patch by techtonik, Issue 282).
- Fixed Issue 166: Implemented Sphinx's hlist (horizontal lists)
- Fixed Issue 284: Implemented production lists for sphinx
- Fixed Issue 165: Definition lists not properly indented inside admonitions or tables.
- SVG Images work inline when using the inkscape extension.
- Fixed Issue 268: TOCs shifted to the left on RL 2.4
- Fixed Issue 281: sphinx test automation was broken
- Fixed Issue 280: wrong page templates used in sphinx