When I started this project I wrote:
I intend to keep working like this for a couple of weeks, and see how far I can get in feature parity to akregator.
No, I don't expect to reach feature parity, I only want to strive for it. SInce I lack the focusand/or energy for a multi year commitment it requires to write the average free software, I want to see how far a sprint gets me.
To my surprise, only 9 days into the project, feature parity is at hand.
What's not done?
- Some feed properties (custom archiving modes, mark as read on arrival) (Update: "mark as readon arrival" implemented at 22:40)
- Fix article filtering (it's not quite broken, but interacts badly with many things) (Update: done as of 19:20)
- Implement app preferences dialog
- Filtering by article status (Update: implemented as of 19:01)
- Folder-as-feed (Update: done, as of 22:20, even if not really efficiently)
- Export as OPML (Update: just implemented it :-)
And some things in the backend, which are not proper features.
What have I done today?
- New articles notification via systray
- Custom update intervals per-feed
- Made Feed.unreadCount() fast enough
- Article sorting (not as trivial as it sounds)
- Fixed a lot of bugs (none of which crashed uRSSus, take that Akregator! ;-)
And still I have written only 1066 lines of code, according to sloccount.
Update: 1127 lines with the extra features marked above as "update"