I have set for myself a priority list of bugs that bother me in rst2pdf, my tool to convert restructured text into PDFs in order of decreasing shamefulness.
I have been fixing a few today (early morning + late night hack) so the following is now correct:
Use of included stylesheets
Vertical spacing of indented lineblocks
Use of :target: in figure directives
There are 46 open issues but I am not planning on fixing them all. My personal hitlist has 10 more bugs in it, but regardless of how many I fix, I intend to release anyway, because:
Last release is broken with latest reportlab
Last release is a bit broken with docutils 0.10 which will be out soon
Last release was over six months ago
And that last one is the critical one. Working at Canonical has shown me that release cadence is good. Specially in a project where trunk is very rarely broken (like rst2pdf) there is no reason for slow release cycles. Rst2pdf should release monthly.
I fully intend to take that approach, so the next release will be done on December 21st.