Author: Rodney W. Hartman
See in goodreads
Sometimes it feels like the author lost a bet, and was forced to write this book. Conditions of the bet would be:
* It should have something called Galactic Wizard Scout Academy
* It must be a Hero's Journey
* The hero should use a 1-meter long weapon that collapses to just a handle, shines purple, and causes subatomic explosions in what it touches, but is not a light saber
* Hero must have minor telekinetic powers
* There must be a sardonic computer
* Include Checkhov's computer conspiracy theory as a throwaway
* In the middle of the novel, suddenly switch to a fantasy theme, with elves, trolls, gnomes, dragons and demons
* Make the whole setup so mysterious as to be opaque. Noone knows why things happened, including all characters.
So, imagine the hero of "A New Hope" being Tr-8R and a sudden teleportation to the Titty Twister and it will give you an idea of the plot.
All things considered, it's much more fun than it has any right to be.