Nikola 5.5.1 released
Posted: | More posts about python nikola |
I’m thrilled to announce version 5.5.1 of Nikola my static site/blog generator is out, with bugfixes and new features (including nice and easy charts) and you can get it from the usual places or from PyPI.
Here’s the list of changes:
- New FEED_LENGTH option, defaults to 10 (Issue #549)
- Added no-cache headers to nikola serve (Issue #545)
- New mincss command, removes unused and redundant CSS (Issue #364)
- New chart directive based on pygal
- Update of IPython plugin to work with the upcoming IPython 1.0
- Remove cache/ when running nikola clean (Issue #558)
- Mark bundles as “cleanable” (Issue #558)
- Made nikola help much more resilient against broken conf.py (Issue #550)
- Show docinfo part of docutils output (Issue #556)
- Exit with error code when there is an error (Issue #543)
- Revamped requirements.txt — now requirements.txt contains the required dependencies and requirements-full.txt contains the optional ones (Issue #547)
- Fixed bug in example usage of install_theme.
- Better help text for bootswatch command.
- Fixed installation under pip 1.4 or later (pytz and yapsy versions must be hardcoded due to crazy versioning schemes)
- Added .rst to the default reStructuredText extensions (via Issue #542)
- Moved the sample site to the new one-file format (Issue #542)
- Escape HTML in titles (Issue #537)
- Fixed issues with index pages indices (Issue #532)
- Fixed IPython plugin to work with the latest IPython.nbconvert machinery
- Fixed failing build because of hidden folders and files inside post folder