I just released version 3 of my static site generator, Nikola
It's a major release, there is hardly any code from the previous version that was not moved, prodded, broken or fixed!
The main features of Nikola:
- Blogs, with tags, feeds, archives, comments, etc.
- Fast builds, thanks to doit
- Small codebase (programmers can understand all of Nikola in a few hours)
- reStructuredText and Markdown as input languages
- Easy image galleries (just drop files in a folder!)
- Syntax highlighting for almost any programming language or markup
- Multilingual sites
- Doesn't reinvent wheels, leverages existing tools.
Changes for this release (not exhaustive!):
- New optional template argument for "nikola init"
- New "install_theme" task
- Optional address option for the "serve" task
- Better looking codeblocks
- Russian translation
- Use markdown/reSt compiler based on post extension
- Don't fail when there are no posts/stories/galleries/tags
- Use configuration options as dependencies
- Use more relative links for easier site rellocation
- Syntax highlight for markdown
- Better multicore builds (make the -n 2 or -n 4 options work)
- Configurable output folder
- Don't fail on posts with periods in the name
- Different page names for different languages
- Recognize (some) Mako template dependencies
- Is now a more "normal" python package.