Author: Scott Pratt
See in goodreads
For a change of pace, I read this. I had not read legal fiction for a long time!
It's ok, fun, not badly written, even if the main character is:
* A special forces veteran
* A child abuse survivor
* The best lawyer in town
* In the process of retiring to become a teacher
* Married to a gorgeous dancer
* Parent of a dancer
* Parent of a MLB prospect kid
* Working off his 10-acre property overlooking a lake
* Only working death penalty cases
* Morally conflicted
Because really, there is such a thing as too much backstory. On the other hand, the plot is kinda thin.
So, fun short read.
* His mother is dying
* His sister is a drug addict who has stolen from him
I am sure I am forgetting something else.