Helped by the testing by vgarvardt, many issues and possible features have been fixed or implemented in the last two days. Here's an incomplete list:
- Implemented (and later fixed) proper close-to-tray
- Marking a folder as read marks all its children
- The reset filter button works like Akregator's
- The tray changes its icon when there are unread items (and shows a count in the tooltip). Icon work needed, though.
- Double click on a post opens in external browser
- Default refresh period is configurable (no UI yet)
- The feed tooltip shows unread count
- Window size and position is memorized
- Position of the splitters is memorized
- Toolbar titles are now reasonable (never tried to right-click a Qt toolbar before)
- Better templates for feed and post layouts
- Unread items/feeds are now shown bold
- The about window has the right title and icon, and doesn't appear in the taskbar.
There is almost certainly going to be a release tomorrow.
And here's a picture: