I decided to redo most of it, because I think I figured out a better way.
- Use efax instead of mgetty+sendfax
After all, efax works with my modem and sendfax doesn't ;-)
- Write a generic spooling thingamajig for efax (this is easy)
- Rewrite printfax.pl in a simpler way (done)
- Simplify the windows side.
Forget about a Qt app. All that's needed is a proggie that listens on a port, accepts connections. The connection gives it a URL. It launches the default browser with that URL.
If anyone reading this can write that program, I would really like it. Use VB, use .NET, use Java, I don't care.
- Use the web app as the only interface.
What's missing yet:
- Writing the queuing program (should use same format as mgetty+sendfax's)
- The windows "client"
- Minor tweaks to the web app ( basically a form for the sending data)
And that's it.
Other than the windows thing, it's about a day's work.