2004-10-26 02:47

Konq-embed hacking progress

Ok, I have done a little about that.

Turns out I was patching it for HEAD, not 3_3_1, so I fixed that, and now the available patches work for both versions.

Of course that doesn't mean either one actually builds, only that the stuff that needed to be patched for 3.2 is now patched for newer versions as well.

The biggest problem with this piece of code is that in order to do it nicely, I have to test every change I make agains sources prepared from 3 different KDE releases (or rather, about 5 or 6, but I will not do that), so that when I touch one of the dropin/ classes to provide a 3.3 interface, I don break the 3.2 kdesrc/ build.

And I am oing it in a pretty slow box, so each build takes a couple of hours.

Ergo, I am doing it wrong. I am going to hack against 3.3.1 until it works, then 3.2 until it works, then 3.3.89.

Then all around again, until all three work without trouble. It's not going to be too easy.

To make matters worse, I realized that I don't need it to work with 3.3 for what I wanted, since a 3.2-based KHTML is already good enough.

Oh, well, at least I am hacking in public CVS again. Hopefully I won't break anything too badly.

Comments

Comments powered by Disqus

Contents © 2000-2019 Roberto Alsina