I've just uploaded the 0.13 version of rst2pdf, a tool to convert reStructured text to PDF using Reportlab to http://rst2pdf.googlecode.com
rst2pdf supports the full reSt syntax, works as a sphinx extension, and has many extras like limited support for TeX-less math, SVG images, embedding fragments from PDF documents, True Type font embedding, and much more.
This is a major version, and has lots of improvements over 0.12.3, including but not limited to:
- New TOC code (supports dots between title and page number)
- New extension framework
- New preprocessor extension
- New vectorpdf extension
- Support for nested stylesheets
- New headerSeparator/footerSeparator stylesheet options
- Foreground image support (useful for watermarks)
- Support transparency (alpha channel) when specifying colors
- Inkscape extension for much better SVG support
- Ability to show total page count in header/footer
- New RSON format for stylesheets (JSON superset)
- Fixed Issue 267: Support :align: in figures
- Fixed Issue 174 regression (Indented lines in line blocks)
- Fixed Issue 276: Load stylesheets from strings
- Fixed Issue 275: Extra space before lineblocks
- Fixed Issue 262: Full support for Reportlab 2.4
- Fixed Issue 264: Splitting error in some documents
- Fixed Issue 261: Assert error with wordaxe
- Fixed Issue 251: added support for rst2pdf extensions when using sphinx
- Fixed Issue 256: ugly crash when using SVG images without SVG support
- Fixed Issue 257: support aafigure when using sphinx/pdfbuilder
- Initial support for graphviz extension in pdfbuilder
- Fixed Issue 249: Images distorted when specifiying width and height
- Fixed Issue 252: math directive conflicted with sphinx
- Fixed Issue 224: Tables can be left/center/right aligned in the page.
- Fixed Issue 243: Wrong spacing for second paragraphs in bullet lists.
- Big refactoring of the code.
- Support for Python 2.4
- Fully reworked test suite, continuous integration site.
- Optionally use SWFtools for PDF images
- Fixed Issue 231 (Smarter TTF autoembed)
- Fixed Issue 232 (HTML tags in title metadata)
- Fixed Issue 247 (printing stylesheet)