The first "good" version of Marave my relaxing text editor is out!
What is Marave?
Marave is an editor that doesn't distract you. It has a fullscreen interface, and most of the time, while you write, you will only see your text, and maybe a background:
Of course it is also quite configurable:
Some of the features:
- Custom backgrounds (images or colors)
- Font and font size are configurable
- Resizeable editor of configurable opacity
- "Vanishing" UI, when you tipe, it all goes away
- Optional media player (right now aimed at streaming audio, maybe soundscapes someday)
- Optional audio feedback for the keyboard (just in case you miss the old typewriter)
- Theme support
- Multilingual spellchecking (requires pyenchant)
Marave is implemented using PyQt, so it should work in all major platforms, Windows, Linux and Mac OSX, as long as you have PyQt installed.
In the future, easy to use binaries will be provided for Windows and Mac.
This version is not feature complete. Specifically:
- Search+Replace is not done
- There may be some customizations not implemented
Download Marave 0.1
UPDATE 0.2 is out, at http://code.google.com/p/marave/downloads/list