First a huge announcement: I will not release anything tomorrow. For the first time in 6 weeks, no friday release from me!
Now, let's see what I'm planning.
I will be at LatinoWare 2008 speaking about PyQt. The usual free beer offer: if you mention this blog, I will buy you 1 (one) not very good beer. Being in Brazil, that's probably a Brahma.
rst2pdf development is slowing down. The easy stuff is all done. There are some things I can do, though:
- Expose transitions to the writer (good for presentations)
- "Background" forms (again, for presentations)
- A mini-language exposing the canvas, so there is a useful "raw" mode.
- Using svglib instead of uniconvertor to handle SVG (but keep uniconvertor for other vector formats)
- Redoing lists, which have a shaky code and bad layout
- Fix half a dozen bugs
- Make it work more like a unix app when in unix (respect environment vars, for example)
However, I am taking a little time off from it, and going to try reviving other projects. Focusing in rst2pdf for two months did wonders for it. Let's see if it can be repeated!
I need more money. We have spent lots in ... plumbing. Yup. Two years of savings spent on that. So, I need money. If you read this blog and want to make me happy, get me freelance work. It can be sysadmin stuff, it can be programming, it can be babysitting. I am good at all three things. Contact me. I'm easy to find, and I am cheap(ish).
No, I am not starving. No, I am not in money problems. Yes, my company is doing very well, but it's an investment, not a cash cow (yet).