Today it was a bit more than two hours, but spread in 10 minute chunks, which is not exactly efficient.
- Rewrote the whole next/next unread/article/feed spaghetti in a decent way. It's broken regarding filtered/sorted article lists, but it's trivial to fix.
- A few UI features:
- Show only feeds with unread articles google-reader style
- Show in dark red the unread articles
- Show title / date of articles in separate columns
- Implemented "Match case" for the search
- Implemented dumb systray icon (need to make it useful)
- Implemented article counts in folders (but not article lists which is, of course, harder)
And of course, a screenshot:
A bad side is that the main window takes about 3 seconds to appear, but I am pretty sure that's fixable reordering the startup code.
- Feed CRUD
- Post mark as (read/unread/important/whatever)
- Filter by post status
- Search in all feeds
- Virtual feeds
- Persistent settings
- More aggressive feed fetching (now it's a single queue, should be a configurable number)
- Lots of minor fixes
And it will be pretty much in feature parity with Akregator, and ready to start the packaging work. Not bad for a week of work (BTW: if anyone has any experience packaging PyQt stuff for windows/Mac I can use the help ;-).
Still fun (although tree traversing is starting to get quite annoying)